Thursday, July 29, 2021

My Experience With English Ivy

On July 8th, I volunteered with HandsOn Geater Richmond to help manage Hedera helix, commonly known as English ivy. I was with a group that consisted of around ten volunteers, led by Catherine Farmer of Richmond Tree Stewards. We worked for about 3 hours on Belle Isle, mainly hand pulling and clipping the invasive from trees. When pruning ivy on trees, it is essential not to pull the ivy from the tree, as this can damage the bark.




                                        
*note that all of the plants that are low to the ground in the third picture are Hedera helix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Experience With English Ivy

On July 8th, I volunteered with HandsOn Geater Richmond to help manage Hedera helix , commonly known as English ivy. I was with a group that...